Life skills are the soft skills which enable an individual to deal effectively with day to day needs and challenges for positive and adaptive behavior of the individual. Major life skills include problem-solving, decision making, effective communication, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal skills, empathy, and self-awareness.
Woodland Overseas School counted among the Best School in Hoshiarpur has the opinion that life skills encompass all the dimension of human life be it social, economic or psychological. These skills can help students to make informed decisions, communicate effectively and develop coping and self-management skills which are necessary to lead a healthy and productive life.
Development of these skills will help students:
– To explore new ways of thinking and problem-solving.
– It will help them to take responsibility for their actions and recognize the impact f their actions.
– It will instill confidence both in their spoken skills and for group collaboration and cooperation.
– It will make them analyze certain options and simultaneously the decision made and understand why they have to make certain choices outside the classroom.
– They will be able to make a greater sense of self-awareness and appreciation for others.
Life skills help students to transit successfully from childhood to adulthood by a healthy development of social and emotional skills. It helps students in the development of social competence and problem-solving skills which in turn help students to form their identity. Students are able to weigh the pros and cons hence these skills also act as a mediator to problem behavior. It also promotes the development of positive self-esteem.
Woodland Overseas School listed among the Top 5 Schools in Hoshiarpur believes having these life skills is an essential part of being able to meet the challenges of everyday life. To be able to cope up with increasing pace and changes of modern life students need these life skills. These skills provide students with necessary important tools development of independent thinking, how to socialize and make new friends.