1. The incredible Principal Simerjeet Kaur was avowed “Certificate of Excellence” for Individual Contribution for International Integration on the occasion of International summit on Friday 4th Jan 2013 held-at Bangkok Thailand.
2. Charismatic Woodlanders were the First Prize winners of the Liangollen Musical Eisteddfod, England 2012 International festival of music and dance under the category of heritage folk dance testified with 5500 participants held at New Wales London from Tuesday 3rd to Sunday 8th July 2012.
3. Acclaiming the International accolades, the school won the affiliation of British Council, by winning the International School Award 2012-15, under which the school was authorized to use the British Council logo on its related documents. Our industrious principal Dr. Simerjeet Kaur was acclaimed with ISA award in a gala function held at Mumbai in November 2012.
4. Versatile Principal Dr. Simerjeet Kaur was presented an award of “Best Educationist” by International Institute of Education and Management for outstanding achievements in the field of education on 12th August 2011.
5. For shouldering the responsibility of creating global awareness among the children delicately , the forthright Principal Ms. Simerjeet Kaur Gill has been honored with “Appreciation Award” by the Cabinet Minister, Mr. Parminder Singh Dhindsa on Monday, 26th January 2009.
6. The brightest feather in the cap of Woodlands was added when the school was accredited as ‘Real Change Makers’ across India. The tag has been given to school at National Level Green School Award for 2009, where it won 2nd position across India and 1st position in Punjab in which more than 15000 top ranked schools across India participated.
7. The school bagged 1st position in Punjab and 4th in India surpassing 5500 top ranking school nationwide for Green school Program organized by Center of Science and Environment in New Delhi in the year 2008. The achievement was applauded by honoring the school with an appreciation letter by the Cabinet Minister.
8. WOS added another International feather in its cap when it hosted a Special Program for 10 Days for Multinational Children. These children were from USA, Canada, Brazil, Austria, Sweden, Norway etc.
9. WOS has been accredited as an International School by “The U.S. Department State” when students from Afghanistan China, Germany and intelligentsia team of 10 teachers and other senior officials from “The U.S. Department of State” were received by Woodlands under an Educative Programme for 8 weeks. Woodlands partnered for the programme which was held for the first time in India since Independence. This programme has been held twice at Woodlands. Intensive Teacher Training Sessions as well as Orientations for students were held. The Inter Change of Culture values impinged everyone.
10. With a vision to prepare our younger generations to make a mark in the field of education WOS was inaugurated by Sh. G. Bala Subramanium, Director CBSE, New Delhi on 14th March, 2004.
1. Adept Woodlander Inderpal Singh bagged 1st position in‘Air Rifle Men’and‘Air Rifle Junior Men,‘Tushaan Singh Randhawa bagged 1st position in Air Rifle Youth Men’,2nd in ‘Air Rifle Junior Men’and 3rd in‘Air Rifle Men’, Agamjot Singh grabbed 2nd position in ‘Air Rifle Youth Men’ and 3rd position in ‘Air Rifle Junior Men’, Harsimran Singh Saini bagged 3rd position in ‘Air Rifle Youth Men’, Jasnoor Kaur Dhami, bagged 1st position in ‘Air Pistol Women Youth’, where as Muskandeep Kaur bagged 2nd position in ‘Air Pistol Women Youth’in Hoshiarpur District Rifle Shooting Championship-on Saturday 1st July,2017.
2. Prolific Gauri Sharma bagged 01 Gold,02 Silver and 01 Bronze in Sub Junior Swimming Championship held in Faridkot on 4th to 5th June whereas Bhavya Bansal won 01 Silver medal in Junior Swimming State Championship held in Mohali on 10th to 11th June 2017 in which 16 districts participated.
3. Resilient Woodlanders who were 13 in number won 02 Gold,04 Silver and 07 Bronze medals in National Karate Championship held in Kolkatta on 9th, 10th and 11 th June, 2017.
4. The precious gems of Woodlands i.e. Komal Vasudeva (scored 97.4% in Non medical stream), Uday Modi (scored 93.6% in Medical stream), Tanisha Soni (scored 96.8% in Commerce stream) and Astha Chopra (scored 94.2% in Humanities stream) bagged 1st position in Hoshiarpur District in all three streams e. Science, Commerce and Humanities, Session 2016-17.
5. Surpassing 109 schools, our intellectual Nimratpreet of G-9 Mars and Manreet Grewal of G-9 Earth bagged 1st position in Jalandhar Inter School Sahodaya E-Poster Making Competition based on the topic “Create a world where environment does not feel unsafe and insecure” which was held in Saffron Public School, Phagwara on Tuesday, 23rd May 2017.
6. Sagacious Gaurav Khosla of G-11 was declared “Best Panelist” in Jalandhar Inter School Sahodaya Panel Discussion Competition which was organized in Kamla Nehru Public School, Phagwara on Tuesday, 16th May 2017 and the topic of panel discussion was ‘Young and old, cyber safety is for all.’
7. Ingenious Komal Vasudeva,student of G-12 session 2016-17 carved a niche for himself by bagging 1st position in Hoshiarpur District in JEE Mains 2017 Exams by scoring 241/360 marks.
8. Diligent Uday Modiof G-12 and Sparsh, of G-5 carved a niche for themselves by bagging 76th position at National Level and 3rd position at Punjab State Level respectively in the recently held NSTSE 2017(National Level Science Talent Search Examination).
9. Exigent Woodlanders seized 7 Gold, 5 Silver and 5 Bronze in “16thNational Cyber Olympiad” conducted by the SOF on 13th October, 2016.
10. Gallant Woodlanders won 14 Gold, 9 Silvers and 7 Bronze Medals and also “Overall Trophy” in Taekwondo competition in District Taekwondo Competition held at D.A.V. School, Hoshiarpur on Sunday, 6th 2016.
11. Cocksure fixate Woodlanders uplifted Overall Trophy for 7th time in District Swimming Championship held on 21st 2016 and 22nd Oct. 2016 at Services Club Hoshiarpur. Bhavya Bansal, Upinderjit Kaur, Bhupinder Singh, Ishan Sharma, Sehajveer Singh bagged Trophy of Best Swimmers Gouri Sharma uplifted Trophy of Best Swimmer in Group I and also bagged trophy in Open Women Swimming Championship.
12. Conquistador Woodlanders Gauri Sharma of Grade-6 won 5 Gold(100 meter free style, 200 meter I.N and 50 meters butter fly) and 1 Bronze and Overall Trophy Best Swimmer under 11 category.Ishaan Sharma bagged 2 Gold and 1 Bronze in CBSE North Zone- II, Swimming Competition held from 7th October, 2016 to 9th October, 2016 at Montenssari Cambridge Pongali, Pathankot.
13. Tenacious Woodlander Bavleen of G-8 achieved Gold Medal in 100 meter race and 400 hundred meter race, lifted Overall Best Athletic Trophy under 14 girls category outpacing 95 schools in CBSE Cluster XVI Athletic Competition held at PAP Jalandhar from 7th October, 2016 to 10 th October, 2016.
14. Agile Karan Thakur (G-5 Amaltas) won 2 Silver and 1 Bronze in Kata and Kumite event in Open National Karate Championship held in Mussoorie from 9thSeptember, 2016 to 12th September, 2016.
15. Conscientious dynamic Woodlanders Om Rattan of Grade-4 Amaltas, Jasmeet Kaur of Grade-4 Cassia were embellished with Gold. Akshita Sharma of Grade-6 Mars got Silver and Priyanshu Saini of Grade-8 Venus with Yuvika Singh of Grade-5 Amaltas bagged Bronze Medal in CBSE Judo Competition in which 130 schools participated and held in Indian Modern Senior Secondary School, Sonipat from 30th,2016 to 2nd Oct., 2016.
16. Impeccable Woodlander, Karan Thakur of G-5 surpassed more than 500 participants by winning 02 silver and 01 bronze medal in ‘Open National Karate Competition’ held atMussoorie on 9th September, 2016.
17. Zealous Woodlanders Sanjana of G-10 Venus and Ishibha Gupta of G-8 Mars bagged 1st position in ‘Jalandhar Inter School Sahodaya Paper Bag Making Competition held at S.T.S World School Rajgomal, Rurka Kalan, Distt. Jalandhar, on Saturday, 6th August 2016 surpassing 48 participant schools.
18. Conquistador Woodlanders Ekraj Singh of G-7 Mercury won 2 Silver and 1 Bronze medal in Pistol, Angad Singh of G-12 Venus grabbed 1 Bronze in Air Rifle, Ex student, Inderpal won 3 Gold medal in Air Rifle and in Pistol, Sanchit and Vomeh won Gold medal and proved their mettle and resilience in District Level Shooting, held in the Shooting hall at Woodland Overseas School on 30th July’16 and 31st July’2016.
19. Pragmatic Angad Singh Grade 12 has been honored with the scholarship from Clase Noble (Founder Chairman of National Society of High School Scholars(NSHSS) 2016 Senior member that established the Noble Prize) for his sterling academic accomplishments and become a life time member of NSHSS organization which will give him colossal opportunities to actualize his passion and aspirations. He is entitled to participate in different programs which are worth $1 million along with the option to participate in different International Study Programs.
20. Brilliant Madhav Sharma ( U-17) Grade-10 Venus, Adhinav Jain (U-15) Grade-8 Mars, Sangha Mitra (U-13) Grade-7 Earth, Muskan Jeryal (U-19) Grade-9 Mercury, Pranati Dogra (U-11) Grade-4 Cassia declared as ultimate winners in Badminton District Tournament 2016 which was organized in Indoor stadium, Hoshiarpur from 8thJuly, 2016 to 10thJuly, 2016.
21. Prolific swimmer Ishan Sharma bagged 03 Gold, 01 Silver and 01 Bronze and also lifted the Overall Trophy. Industrious Gauri Sharma won 06 Gold, 02 Silver and 01 Bronze along with the overall trophy. Enterprising Ananya and Dhawal bagged 02 silver and 01 bronze respectivelyin Sub Junior State Swimming Championship held at Mohali on 4th and 5th June, 2016.
22. Meritorious Woodlander Pratham Kohli topped Hoshiarpur District by scoring 2% marks in Science streaminG-12, session 2015-16.
23. Adamantine Woodlander Akshara Khurana of G-10 Mars grabbed Second position in Jalandhar Inter School Sahodaya Paper Presentation Competition held on 14th May, 2016 at DIPS, Kapurthala in which 44 schools participated on the topic ‘Analyzing the Trap of T.V Addiction.’
24. Mettlesome Ishan Sharma, Bhavya Bansal, Aastha Vasudev, Lavanya Dubey, Reetika Sharma, Upinderjit Kaur, Yoshita Kajal, Sehajveer Singh, Gurkamal Singh Dhami, Prince and Sukhman Singh won Overall Trophy awarded by Sports Officer for Punjab School Distt. Swimming Competition 2015 held at Hoshiarpur.
25. Effervescent Abhinav Vashist, Priyanshu Saini, Pankush Pabial, Shaurya Sharma, Geetanshu Thakur, Vidhur, Nitin Pabial, Snehal, Abhishek, Anubha Jain, Atinderpal Kaur, Rupali Vohra, Rhythm Ohri, Ishveen Kaur and Narkomal won Overall Trophy in Punjab School Judo Distt. Competition,under 14 category boys and girls section held at Hoshiarpur in the month of October 2015.
26. Among the teams of Rajasthan, Delhi, Nepal, UP, Mumbai, Haryana, our Woodlanders Manvir Singh of G-6 Earth and Kanishk of G-5 Kaner bagged Silver Medals and Pratham Gupta of G-5 Gulmohar bagged Bronze Medal in 11th National Karate and Kick Boxing Championship-2015, organized by Karate Martial Art Sports Club Punjab and National Karate Federation of India from 25th December, 2015 to 27th December, 2015 held at Amritsar (Punjab).
27. Stupendous Woodlander Rhythm Ohrigrabbed 01 Silver Medal in ‘CBSE National Judo Competition’ in which 123 schools participated, held at Bhavan’s SL Public School Amritsar from 19th to 22nd Nov.2015.
28. Virtuous Karan Thakur of G-4 Kaner won 01 Silver medal in Delhi Open International Karate Championship 2015, held at Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi on 31st October 2015.
29. Delineated Ishibha and Mehal Jain of G-8 Earthcaptivated every one with their talent by bagging 1st PrizeinJalandhar Inter School Sahodaya Rangoli Competition held on 6th November 2015 at DAV Centenary Public School (Phillaur) in which 107 school registered their presence.
30. Ingenious Karan Thakur of G-4 Kaner was able to claim his hold on 01 Gold Medal, 01 Silver Medal in Open Fight under his age group and 01Gold in Kata Demonstration. Outlandishing Sparsh of G-4 Cassia also bagged Bronze Medal and Shobhit Dola of G-12 bagged Silver Medal in North India karate Championship held at Hoshiarpur on 11th Oct 2015.
31. Prudent Woodlanders Anubha Jain and Supreet Kaur grabbed 01 Gold, Rhythm Ohri won 01 Silver, and Akshita Sharma, Shaurya Sharma and Pankush Pabial won Bronze Medal and enhanced the glory of school in CBSE North Zone-II Judo Championship in which 53 schools participated and organized at South Point Public School, Sonipat from 24th Oct, 2015 to 26th Oct 2015.
32. Fastidious Woodlanders Gauri Sharma from Group-4 was declared ‘Best Swimmer’ in open and group category. Upinderjit Kaur was adjudged as ‘Best Swimmer’ of Group-2. Bhavya Bansal was declared ‘Best Swimmer’ of Group-3 and Ishaan Sharma was declared ‘Best Swimmer’ of Group-3 (men section). Our swimmers nailed the competition by lifting ‘Overall Trophy’ in both Women and Men titles‘District Swimming Competition’ held at Service Club, Hoshiarpur on 10th,2015 to 11th Oct., 2015.
33. Unflappable swimmers proved themselves synonymous to triumph and accomplishment by winning Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals in CBSE North Zone-II Swimming Championship held at Montessori Cambridge School, Pathankot from 17th Sept 2015 to 20th Sept 2015.Ishaan Sharma of Grade-7 grabbed gold medal in under-12, 50 m, Butterfly race and silver medal in under-12, 200 m, Individual medley. Sehajveer of grade-10 had shown equally wonderful performance and secured bronze medal in 50m Breast stroke.
34. Invincible Woodlanders again proved their indomitability by becoming District Toppers for 4th time in a row in CBSE Grade-12 Board Exams, Session 2014-15. Navkiranjeet Kaur topped the list in non- medical stream procuring 96.2% followed by Jatin and Akshita who scored 92.8%. Akshita scored momentous 99 marks in Chemistry. The commerce stream also displayed phenomenal performance as Preeti Jain scoring 94.2% followed by Khushboo Sharma 91.6% she topped in Hoshiarpur City list. Arshdeep and Namya from commerce stream scored 99% in Informative practices and 98% in Physical Education respectively.
35. Meticulous Angad Singh Gill of Grade 10 and Tushar of Grade 7 qualified for Nationals by bagging First Prize in State Level CBSE Science Exhibition held at Jalandhar surpassing 71 schools and 200 participants. The project titled “Free Electricity by Using Gravity” was made by the Woodlanders in the exhibition based on Energy resources and Conservation.
36. Illustrious Principal Simerjeet Kaur won the recognition of “Rajiv Gandhi Gold Star Award” certified by “Indian Solidarity Council” for outstanding achievement in the field of Education. The ceremony was held in New Delhi on Saturday, 15thNov.’2014.
37. Industrious Kanishkveer, Jungveer and Karanjot won Silver Medal Under Junior Pistol eventwhereas Angad, Inderpal and Bhavnish won Bronze Medal Under Sub Junior Rifle event in the State Level Shooting And Rifle Championship held at Ludhiana from 23rd August to 25th August’ 2013.
38. Tenacious woodlanders bagged Second Runner-Up Trophy in Jalandhar Inter School Sahodaya Swimming Championship 2013.The school was also the host to the championship from Thursday 22nd August to Saturday 24th August’ 2013.
39. Infallible Principal, Dr. Simerjeet Kaur was awarded the “Letter of Appreciation” by Deputy Commissioner, Hoshiarpur on Independence Day 2012 for Special contribution for achieving FIRST position in Bhangra at District Level.
40. For a positive, balanced all round development of the children and to set a professional standard, the school has been sanctionedTroupe no. 89 by the C.C Directoratewhich is a part of 12 Punjab Battalion. Presently there are 25 cadets who have been trained for firing by the regular army staff.
42. WOS widely acclaimed as Ecofriendly School. In addition to environment, the school is also tied up with NGO “SOCH” to create awareness among people on various social issues.”GO VOTE” campaign was one such programme held at the time of 2012 elections. The Woodlanders though under voting age limit but having substantial knowledge of our democratic system, made the people cognizant of their rights and duties. The demonstration was highly comprehended by public in general.
43. Motivated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s message for a greater role by NRI s in nation building. A group of NRIs led by Mr. D. S. Dhillon of Porterville, U.S.A., which includes educationists, doctors and industrialists from Fort Atkinson and Fresno in U.S.A., Canada and Singapore have adopted Woodlands Overseas School for Financial Logistic and International Academic Support.
44. The School was awarded the “Certificate of Appreciation by Punjab State Council”for Science Technology on Saturday 23rd January 2010 held at Chandigarh for achieving 2nd Rank among the top 10 schools under State Level Green School Program 2009.
45. The school has got another International acclaim as a German National students, Christianne Flammersfeld in year 2009 and Wulfkuhle Franziska and Scheffler Toni Josefine in the year 2010 have been chosen as an exchange students by the German Government who shall study at Woodlands for ten months, opening gateways for Woodlanders to directly go and study in World’s top schools as exchange students Programme.
46. Effervescent Harmeet Kaur won Silver Medal at National Level, Silver at State Level And Gold Medal at District Level in Judo Championships.
47. Vivacious Angad Singh (G3) scored highest Grade in Science and highest score in International Assessment– for Indian schools conducted by the Macmillan India Ltd.
48. Resilient Kuber Sood (G3) in the year 2005, who got the highest Grade in Computers and the highest score in International Assessment among all the participating countries, conducted by the “University of New South Wales, Australia.”