The students of WOS should:
- Be curious about and respect the worth of every member of humanity irrespective of geographical location or culture.
- Actively pursue a global and local commitments to increase the welfare of other people, particularly those in less fortunate circumstances.
- Be rigorous intellectually and reject prejudice.
- Strive to exploit fully their talents in the academic, moral, aesthetic, physical and social context to contribute better to society as a well rounded person.
The students of WOS work to achieve the following
- A sense of sharing the same values and a mission with all the members in the WOS family.
- A social environment on the School campus that follow the WOS tradition of cultivating; a respect and consideration for other that should largely obviate the need for rules; a spirit of celebrating initiative and ensuring that failure is never feared; the commitment of the older students to act as role models and activity leaders for the younger ones.
- A practice of serving other people, particularly those in less fortunate circumstances, on the School campus more broadly within Hoshiarpur, and in other states as well through the Global Concern programme. An appreciation of the local and global challenges which humankind is facing, particularly with effective efforts to influence attitudes relating to these challenges within their own communities.
- A sensitive awareness and a respect for other cultures and ways of life through the academic programme and daily interaction with friends of nearly every race and religion. To encourage the process learning from each other, the teachers seek to use the cultural diversity in their classes as well as taking the students on residential expeditions.